Tuesday, May 23, 2017



Welcome to our new blog and a little bit about our farm and life in Kentucky.  We live on a family farm that my grandparents purchased back in 1942.  My grandfather worked for a local steel mill, and farmed.   He and my uncle were tobacco farmers for many years, along with raising cattle, horses, gardens and they cut hay.  

I grew up on the farm, later married and moved away for a couple years but my husband and I eventually moved back to the farm.   My mom and stepfather moved back to the farm back in 2008 and remolded my grandparents house.  My grandmother passed away in 2006 and my grandfather passed away in 2009.   They were married for 71 years and they lived be in  their nineties.   Had three children, Thurman, Mary and my mom, Dee.  All three of their children still live on the farm to this day.  My uncle Thurman's son and his wife also live on the farm.  So when I mean family farm it truly is.  

In 2010,  my husband and I started building our second home on the farm.   That was definitely a journey of it's own.  We built a log home ourselves, we did have some help from some good friends and family.  It was a lot of hard work but so worth it.  Not sure I would take that journey again building a loghome  ourselves again.

I hope you follow along, with us on this journey of life.  I hope to share stories,  and just our everyday life on the farm and how we do things and live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mackerel Cakes

                                                         Mackerel Cakes  This is how I make my mackerel cakes.   This recipe is what I ...