Sunday, August 5, 2018

Mackerel Cakes

                                                         Mackerel Cakes 


This is how I make my mackerel cakes.   This recipe is what I doubled because I wanted to make enough to put in the freezer and still have enough for dinner. 


4 cans of Mackerel
2 cans of tomato paste
2 1/2 TBSP of  Lemon pepper
1 1/2 tsp of salt or to your taste
2 tsp of black pepper or to your taste
2 eggs
1/2 pkg of crackers, crushed
3/4 cup of Italian bread crumbs
1 TBSP of onion powder

In large bowl, I added all four cans of mackerel.  I removed all the bones,and I drained three cans and one I don't drain, because I want the juice to help add moisture to the cakes. 

Sorry I didn't think to take pictures of mixing the ingredients. 

Next, I add all the other ingredients and mix well.  I use my hands to mix it, just seems to mix better using them. 

Then I form into patties and place on my griddle.  I usually have it set around 250 but you would just need to adjust to how yours cooks.  Cook until brown on both sides.








I hope you give this a try and enjoy it as much as we do. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Mackerel Cakes

                                                         Mackerel Cakes  This is how I make my mackerel cakes.   This recipe is what I ...